Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Avenues Yoga Workshop to Benefit Paceline Projects p/b Veloforma Team


A good friend and former teammate of mine Tiffany Pezzulo introduced me to Avenues Yoga last October.  As a former Division I soccer player, my body used to be flexible and dynamic.  Naturally, I was a bit taken aback during my first yoga class to realize just how limited I had become since taking up cycling.  Whether this unpleasant change was a result of my time on the bike, or aging (?!); I no longer had the ability to move with the ease and strength that I once had.  I signed up for their introductory one month unlimited card.  I went to as many different types of yoga class as I could fit into my schedule, and the effects have been amazing.  My flexibility and balance have improved quite a bit, I sleep well, I no longer have to use an inhaler for my asthma, and I'm strong!  Seriously.  Didn't you read my last post?

Erin and all the folks at Avenues Yoga have been incredibly supportive and jumped at the chance to be involved with our team.  We are very excited for our upcoming workshop which will specifically address challenges that riders face (neck and shoulder pain, etc), but of course will benefit anyone whether you ride or not!  So, spread the word to all riders, commuters, and folks who back women's athletics.  If you will be in the Salt Lake area on April 22nd, please consider coming to our workshop 1-3pm at Avenues Yoga.  All are welcome and your attendance will help our team compete at national events.  

More info can be found at http://www.avenuesyoga.com/?page_id=109



No comments:

Post a Comment