Sunday, April 15, 2012

Tour of The Depot Part II

Hello all!  First off, I owe a HUGE thank you to Arnicare.  Without the healing aid of Arnica Gel to relieve muscle soreness, I might have never made it off the couch and to today's final stage of Tour of the Depot.  I felt much better today as our field lined up for our 25 mile circuit race.  I started the day about 2 and half minutes back, so I made several attempts to get away.  I thought the field might let a couple of us who were quite a bit back on GC go, but that was wishful thinking.  I was going for the stage win today, so practiced for the finish on the intermediate sprint going for the line from about 400 meters.  I won a sweet pair of Smith Pivlock V90 glasses- neon green!  Excellent.  Although the sprint went well, realized I didn't have to jump quite so early for the finishing sprint.  On our last lap, I jumped closer to the 200 meter mark and had plenty of time to get my hands in the air for the victory salute.  Finished the race 4th on GC.

After my win today, "The Merckx" is officially on sabbatical.  I built my new Veloforma Strada SLR up this afternoon and holy cannoli.  Dreamy.  Seriously, THIS IS THE BEST BIKE I HAVE EVER RIDDEN.  Thank you to Mark and the Veloforma crew!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment