Sunday, September 2, 2012

Giro della Montagna: Gateway Cup Day 3

We had a dry race!! It was so cool! This course is in the heart of a largely Italian neighborhood. Although very rectangular, one long side has a huge power hill known, well, as THE HILL. It's gradual enough to big ring but long and steep enough to be in the pain cave. The finish is on the dowhill so super speedy. The race was super aggressive from the get go with attack after attack. I launched one to test the waters then tried to go with Kristen LaSasso and Laura Van Guilder for the first $200 prime. Holy crap Van Guilder is a stellar sprinter.

Breaks started to stick and Gwen Inglis and Laura Guilder got up the road. Attacks were launched to try to close it. Kat launched her own with Vanderkitten chasing then attacking when she got to Kat. I hopped on that but the field brought it back again. It was an incredibly active race.

There was a lull when another person was brought back with two to go. I jumped at the opportunity and got a good gap which seemed to widen until the last two turns. I was caught with 100m to go and left in the dust. Ouch! I came in 16th and Kat came in 18th. Ready for revenge tomorrow. Personally, I'm happy to have my aggression back that was a breakthrough in itself.

The race may have been concluded with additional recovery custard.

No comments:

Post a Comment