Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Update on Whitney's Shoulder

Well...I just went in to xray round two for my fractured shoulder. If you missed it, I fractured it lap three, day two at Speedweek in Roswell, Georgia. Although it seems to be healing exceptionally fast (I'm thinking it's the heavy arnica from Arnicare and veggie combo), I'm still 4-6 weeks out from training on the bike. I do, however, get to start PT with Rodrigo at Diamond Peaks now and can start running if I have no shoulder pain. I guess since it's fractured right where the rotator cuff attaches, it's pretty high risk. I'll continue to combine the now running (from walking!) with hiking, leg and core-work, my exciting 40-min no-hand trainer rides and PT. It's definitely a bummer and I'd give anything to be out there racing with Kat. When I come back, I'll be hungry to make up for lost time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment