Sunday, March 25, 2012

Winter's grip on Salt Lake is loosening...


Greetings from Salt Lake City, UT!  It's been a long winter of indoor workouts on the rollers spiced up with some Avenues Yoga classes, many hours logged on the skis, and a bit of ski racing to boot.  Although we didn't get quite as much snow as we would have liked here in Salt Lake, we are lucky to be fairly close to Ketchum, ID and West Yellowstone, MT two of my favorite places to ski.  It just so happens they got quite a bit of snow.  
Spent many weekends in MT this winter skiing and racing.  Note the height of the snowbanks.  While this may be low by their standards, I was impressed.
Skating in Idaho post Boulder Mtn Tour



We've been fortunate to experience (mostly) good weather and warm temps for the past two weeks which means the skis AND the rollers have been locked away and the bike racing season is just around the corner.   Above you'll find a short clip of my last ski of the season in VT.  After a red-eye flight, empty stomach, and painfully slow ski through slush, my dark, overly aggressive, brooding New England self defeated my newly cultivated "all this sunshine and western big mountain sweetness makes me so happy I want to buy a cowgirl hat" disposition.  Let's just say I was relieved to get back to the car...and interpreted this as the world's sign that the off-season was officially over. 

Time to return my complete focus to the bike! 


No comments:

Post a Comment