Sunday, March 24, 2013

A Crit Clinic for the Fort Follies

Just over a week ago, before the CSU Circuit race and crit, I co-hosted a crit clinic with Amanda Miller (Tibco) and retired pro Rebecca Much for the Fort Follies before the first crit of the year in Colorado for the Fort Follies, the local women's group I've co-founded in Fort Collins to get more women on the bike. Although the attendees were small in numbers on that Friday afternoon, the clinic was quite a success! We had a couple of lovely ladies who had never raced among the attendees and were planning on trying it out at the Oval crit on Sunday.

I love getting the opportunity to do clinics like that. It always makes me think back to all the super amazing ladies and dudes who went out of their way to teach me all those essential racing skills on group rides and in races. Getting to share that knowledge, watch a person gain confidence in a few turns, and help make that first race a little less scary is the best reward. 

To get off my soapbox, it was a blast and I'm so happy that both those ladies who are new to racing did race that Sunday and are excited to race again. We'll definitely have to have some more crit clinics later this spring. Crit racing is too fun not to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment