Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Sweet like...Honeystinger

Paceline Projects p/b Veloforma has been very lucky this year to receive a generous sponsorship from Honeystinger for our energy food. Honeystinger is unique in that the main source of sugar comes straight from the bees with honey! (They also use cane juice and tapioca syrup in their products). Personally both Kat and I tend to avoid more processed and artificial foods, so Honeystinger is a perfect energy food for our cycling! Using more natural sweeteners, Honeystinger is perfect for the feint-of-stomach too. 


We're both huge fans of their energy chews due to their perfect size, sweet taste, and portability. For a long race, dump two packages together and stick in your pocket for 320 calories of energetic honey! I've definitely been on a bit of a Pomegranate Passion Fruit kick lately. Yum! I do most of my training after work at 5pm so it's perfect for me to grab a Honeystinger-something to shovel down as I head out the door on my bike to train too.
Honeystinger of choice for Tuesday's weeknight crit, which I won!
Some other tasty treats they have are energy gels, post-race protein bars, traditional energy bars, and  the growingly popular waffles which are unlike anything you've had before (and delicious)! Living with three guys, I keep having to move my stash around and hide it from their sticky, honey-grabbing fingers! This honey is mine, guys. So next time you run out of energy food, consider Honeystinger! They love and support women's cycling!

No comments:

Post a Comment