Friday, July 6, 2012

A Crit Clinic & A Comeback

Hello it's Whitney again! Last Wednesday (not the 4th) was a big day for me! I was approved by the orthopedic doctor to get back on my bike OUTSIDE and start TRAINING! Yep. I'm in full training, physical therapy, and yoga mode again, whipping my body back into race shape for the Tour of Elk Grove at the beginning of August.

I kicked off my first ride outside by hosting a crit clinic with Tibco rider, Amanda Miller, and put on by Chris Johnson for the City Street Crits. We were expecting, like, 5 people to show up. It was pretty crazy to roll up and have about 60 people attending the clinic! Holy crap. Not only that, but the clinic ran a solid 90 minutes with all the questions people came with. We concluded the event with a mock race. From the feedback, it was really helpful! Score! To boot there were at least a dozen women.

Just in time for my training, I got a box of goodies from sponsors...Michelin tires and tubes, Honeystinger deliciousness, sweet treats from The Ginger People, and more Arnicare and Calendula.



To boot, my new, blacked out Veloforma frame should be arriving this weekend so I can build it up again (Handlebar bashed into my top tube in my crash)! I'm very happy to be on the bike again and am looking forward to more group rides and some local races starting this weekend. Elk Grove, here I come...

No comments:

Post a Comment