Friday, July 13, 2012

City Street Crit- A Comeback Win!

Tuesday I ventured to the City Street Crit, a low-key and fun local weeknight crit in Fort Collins. I'll be the first to admit, after being crashed out in a crit at Speedweek, which was my last time riding with other people, I was nervous. Without riding with others, I was also anxious because I feared I was going to be incredible slow. I raced with the men's B's in their 40 minute race. And HEY, I'm not in bad shape at all! My shoulder was exhausted by the end for sure, I could use a bit more top-end speed still, and need to work some more on cornering again (it's been awhile). I even managed to throw in some punches and stayed away for two laps solo. I ended up winning the women's and ended up about top 10(?) among the men. 


This weekend I'll race the State Crit Championships in Longmont to keep easing back into things. I also receieved my sweet, blacked-out Veloforma in the mail two days ago and am working on getting that all built up for the weekend of races. Hello comeback. 







No comments:

Post a Comment