Thursday, June 4, 2015

Glencoe Grand Prix Recap


Quick trip to Chicago this past weekend for the Glencoe Grand Prix.  It was a blast despite an unremarkable performance on my end in the windy, rainy, 40 degree conditions.  (Or maybe it was remarkable that I finished the 50 KM race in those conditions?  There's something about not being able to feel your hands and feet, and consequently your bike, that's a little freaky.) 

Anyway, the weekend was awesome because I got to visit with the Chiangs and I just adore them.  One neat thing about this bike racing business is having the opportunity to meet people all over the country, and these friends become part of your family.  I just love visiting with Regina, Michael, Elise and Amelia.  Amelia represented SKINourishment p/b Paceline Projects in her first crit, and she did awesome!  I had so much fun watching her and she crushed it.  Top step of the podium!  











No comments:

Post a Comment