Wednesday, June 17, 2015

First Mountain Bike Race!

I raced in my first mountain bike race last night in Park City...and it was awesome!  Why did it take me this long??? 

 

I put the hammer down for the first bit of the race because 1. it was mostly uphill 2. it was fairly smooth 3. I figured it was as good a time as any to get a good gap...


Worked out great until I hit the first down hill...which was rocky... and dusty... and a little scary for this newbie.  I know all these real mountain bikers keep telling me to get off my brakes and it will feel safer...but really?  I don't know....


Needless to say I lost a some ground on the downhills and there were some close calls!  Finished 4th for SKINourishment p/b Paceline Projects and had an absolute blast!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment