Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Allan Butler Crit

Hello all,
Not too much time this week to sit down to write...or ride for that matter.  Busy busy.   Quick little snippet though...

Last Saturday, Matt and I drove north to Idaho Falls for the Allan Butler Crit.   We've done the race for several years now and it's always a fun one.  Unfortunately, few people travel for this one which is a shame because it's a great course (lots of corners but very smooth and you can keep a good speed and flow throughout the race) and the people are awesome, and the prizes are good too.  Fireworks for primes?  I certainly wouldn't play with fireworks, especially in this arid climate....but folks here like their firework celebrations a seemingly daily event in Utah during July.  Anywho.   I  dig the sentiment.  What better prize for a rider lighting it up in the race?

So, no women came.  What a different perspective racing when you already know you'll win!  Maybe I was being presumptuous... what's the likelihood that I would crash myself out of the race though? :)  Not worried about results whatsoever, I HAD A BLAST.  Its been a little bit since I've had that much fun in a race.  They put me in with one of the guys fields and I enjoyed it.  There was a break that went on to win, but our group was good and worked together well.  On the last lap I attacked into the second to last corner, lead into the last, then unleashed the sprint which I haven't been able to use in quite a long time, and won the bunch sprint.  The sprint felt good and the crowd liked it too.  Lots of cheering from the Idaho fans,"You go girl!"

Matt's race was also fun to watch...well kinda... the rain came in and literally every lap there was a crash... a littler nerve racking.  They stopped the race and re-started when the roads cleared a bit.  Matt was in the break of 3 that stayed away, so we left Idaho with some neat trophies.  Oh and the Great Harvest on the course MADE me take treats for the ride home.  Yum.

On another note, Vanessa Drigo and boyfriend Diego are in town.  Fun to have them stay with us on their trip across country.   Connecting with them again in a few days for Manhattan Beach GP in California!  Until the next report... stay Gnar everyone!

I wish this picture was scratch & sniff so you all could experience the delightful  scents of vanilla and coconut greeting me as I opened this gnar package from Gnar Lube.  Go check out their stuff!  It's awesome and super fun.  


No comments:

Post a Comment