Saturday, June 8, 2013

Blue Dome

Last night's race at the Blue Dome went well...mostly!  I've been fighting some serious allergy issues the past couple days, so was quite pleased that the pedaling fast made my body forget about sneezing   and hacking for an hour and I felt pretty darn good on the bike.  Race was fairly fast and certainly dangerous.  I can't tell you how many crashes there were, but it sure seemed like every time around more groups of riders were coming out of the pit.  I had to make my way from the back of the field in the beginning of the race, but did eventually make it and was doing very well towards the front in the last half of the race.  Following moves,etc.  All good things.  Then the race abruptly ended for me when the racer in front of me rolled her tubular in a corner.  I didn't go down but took too long to get around and out of that mess and the field was off on the downhill at full speed.  We were all chasing, but no one managed to catch back on in the last 7 laps.  I was pretty bummed especially since I was having a good ride before the crash.   Oh well, today's another day!   Race again in the Brady district.  Tune in at 6:00 PM local time courtesy of Velonews.

No comments:

Post a Comment